Tweaking, Fluffing, and Trying to Make Things Fabulous

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

passing on my love for folding fabric...

I already showed you how to fashion a table runner out of fabric (I know, I know-- this is amateur stuff... but it's all I know...so that's what your gonna get:))


Any-who-  the table runner was for the dining room and since the living room and dining room are smack-dab next to each other I decided it was only fair for the living room to have a few stripes as well.  


Enter left over fabric and thrift store side table.


The side table isn't awful, but I really hate to use the phrase "isn't awful" to describe something... so I fancied it up a bit.




This is the before pic.  The side table was a $5.00 thrift store find--not my favorite but it will work for the time being.  It was super dirty when I got it--so it underwent a MAJOR primer and spray paint makeover.  This is what my table looked like a few days ago.








Here are some after pics.  All I did was take a scrap piece of fabric, fold in the sides so it fit the top of the table, and ironed it down so it laid flat.  B-I-G Improvements...am I right? 






It makes me so happy to see this table now :)  OH!  P.S. don't you LOVE the picture in the frame?  My BF got it for me for my b-day! I know what you are thinking... "it's great, but what is it?" (how did I know?  Cause that is exactly what I said!), anyways its a "T" for my last name!  Ah!  Now you see it!  I LOVE it!  Come to think of it- she also got me the cute little plate on the table too....


Now run off and start folding random scraps of fabric and start covering your tables... you feel REALLY silly but It's addictive, I promise!


Carolyn

2 comments:

  1. Great post- I love everything about it! The table, the pic, the dish the lamp and especially the fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could that! Thanks for the inspiration--- :)

    ReplyDelete