Tweaking, Fluffing, and Trying to Make Things Fabulous

Monday, October 4, 2010

makin' it happen

This post contains A LOT of words-- prep yourself! 

I can own up to the fact that I am clearly a slow learner.  Me and the husband have known each other for a total of 10 years (married for 3, dated for 4, friends for 3) anyways...I never really figured him out until about 2 weeks ago. I feel like I just figured out the secret to life.. This is SERIOUS you all... no joking here.

So what did I learn?  Well... I was blessed (sarcasm) with a husband that has opinions about what goes in our home.  I realize that I should count my blessings because I could have a husband that is oblivious to everything and tries to put horrendous lookin' stuff in my pretty home- lucky for me- not my situation.  While I do realize that I am a lucky girl, my husband doesn't always see, what we will call, my "vision".  This is not crazy stuff guys... just a few small ideas to make our home more beautiful.  I am pretty sure that he is afraid to "fix" what is not broken. I have learned over the years that secretly he likes my ideas but he doesn't get on board just in case it comes out sketchy looking he can say "I told you so"  (I know.. what a gem, right:)) 

Anywho- over the past few years I would get a GREAT idea and ask the husband what he thought.  He always thought "NO"  or "I don't think so".  So a few weeks ago I started to just talk about things as if they were already scheduled and going to happen.  For instance- I want to paint our kitchen cabinets white.  I asked Dan about 2 or 3 months ago and he gave an emphatic "NO" to that question and has said no since then.  About 2 weeks ago I just started to tell people about it when Dan was around or I would say things during dinner like "I need to get to Lowe's to figure out what paint to get for the kitchen cabinets" or "thank goodness we have a long weekend coming up- it's probably gonna take me a good 3 days to get the kitchen cabinets done". 

It worked- NO JOKE!  So ladies take note-- don't ask-- just talk about it as if it has already been planned and scheduled.  I'm not sure if they forget that they didn't agree to it or if it wears them down so much that they are too tired to argue anymore.  Regardless, I am getting a WHITE kitchen- whoop whoop!! Anyone wanna help me paint?!?!

Don't these pictures make you happy?  They make me so stinkin' happy I can't take it!

Knight Moves Blog
The Lettered Cottage
  Ahhh!!  LOVE:)

Carolyn

2 comments:

  1. The white does look so clean and fresh and beautiful. I love it. Dan will too. Do it! Do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. DAMN CAROLYN!!!!!!!!!! Your kitchen is GORGEOUS!!!! When we buy a new house one day, can you be my interior designer?:) Congrats...your strategy is a winner! Miss you!!!

    ReplyDelete