Tweaking, Fluffing, and Trying to Make Things Fabulous

Friday, August 20, 2010

fancy-ish living room chairs

What do you get with a lot of searching, $15, some sweat, and maybe a few tears?


These bad boys! 


        



These chairs were REALLY gross when I found them at my Goodwill.. they were brown with nasty navy blue and maroon fabric on them- tons of caked on dirt and grime and oddly enough a lot of gum on the bottom of them-- waiting room chairs maybe? 


I got each of them for $2.50!  Five bucks took home both chairs... I know, thrifty right?  I will admit when the husband saw them for the first time, he thought I was a little nuts but it seemed like all of my blog friends (technically they don't know who I am but I stalk their blogs religiously so they are my friends) were doing it-  so I had to give it a try.  I scrubbed, cleaned, pulled off fabric, sanded, used a primer/paint spray-paint, then re-covered the cushion, back, and finished it all up with some black velvet trim.  They look pretty amazing from this photo but to be honest they are nowhere near perfect.  They bunch in the back and "gluing" trim to cover staples from the staple gun is hardly the right thing to do.  Luckily my friends and family don't look to close:)  


OH! The white table next to them?  $20.00 on Craigslist... another ugly duckling made beautiful with some cleaning and some white spray-paint!  I am trying to get up the nerve to make a slipcover for my ottoman and BIG chair.  It's a bit out of my league so I may stick with painting and gluing trim. 


Carolyn

3 comments:

  1. This is my favorite post so far! I love those chairs and have been scouring craigs list ever since I saw them in your house! I can't wait to read about your next adventure!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those chairs are awesome and fit perfectly in that room!

    ReplyDelete