Tweaking, Fluffing, and Trying to Make Things Fabulous

Thursday, August 19, 2010

fashioning some art

OK so-- I was pondering about what my first official topic should be about and decided to go with art-- or at least what I refer to as "art"(Which is really just things framed on a wall).  


About a year ago me and my husband bought a brand spankin' new house that had tons of "builder white" walls.  We have yet to paint and are a little weird about nailing tons of holes in our walls, which means that if we are going to hang an item we have to LOVE it.  


Like I said before.. I am really not frugal but the "art" in my house would say otherwise.  I seriously searched for weeks.. make that months for the perfect art pieces to hang around our house.  You know what I figured out?  I really don't love traditional art that much.. I know, odd. 


So I had to let my inner thrifty girl come out and fashion some of my own art.  I purchased super inexpensive frames from Macy's (after Christmas sale for $6.50/piece) and found the most PERFECT table runner at Pier 1 for $10.00 on sale... after a little Tszujjing I had the most perfect "art" for my family room.  Don't you love it?










I am in love with my pictures and they were SO inexpensive.  Obviously I need more than three pictures up in my home so I moved onto my living room and printed some blow up pictures of my two puppies, Bentley (tan) and Quentin (black) and one of our engagement pictures to put in huge frames (again.. Macy's after Christmas sale... only $12/piece!).   I am equally in love...






To point out the obvious...  I know both rooms look pretty similar... I love the three in a row effect and am sad that I have to come up with another way to hang art now that I have done that twice! Besides these two pieces, I have three pictures in my dining room (not in a row- promise) and that is it for my entire house.  I am looking for other ways to fancy up the walls but love that sometimes the cheapest option is the best way to get exactly what you are looking for.  


Carolyn 

4 comments:

  1. LOVE LOVE LOVE the artwork! And, I am equally loving this blog! Keep at it lady :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! My first "comment"-woo hoo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! Love your blog background and I love that runner from Pier One! : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Joi! As you can see from my blog roll.. I am a HUGE fan of yours!

    ReplyDelete