Tweaking, Fluffing, and Trying to Make Things Fabulous

Monday, August 23, 2010

pillow talk

Nope... not that kind of pillow talk.  I am talking about the fluffy things that decorate your couch and make nap taking all the more fantastic.   


I have always been a fan of the "neutral couch- colorful pillow" scheme and was SO excited when I received a sewing machine for my 30th (eek!) birthday. Like art work from a store, I have a REALLY hard time finding pillows that I like AND that don't break the bank.  I had no clue that my life would change from this little magical machine.   Gone are the days of spending $15-$20 for a pillow.. this has taken my faux frugal-ness to a whole new level!


Once I finally mastered how to thread the spindle thingy-ma-bob and thread the machine, it was a cake-walk from there.  Seriously, anyone could make a pillow... you just make a square. That's it :) 


Now- keep in mind that I am a beginner and all I know how to do is sew a line so my pillows do not have zippers or fancy trim... just some straight up pillows.  


Anyways-- I purchased remnant fabric for about $5.00, then some pillow stuffing that was $8.00/bag (I got two bags) and that's all I needed.  For $21.00 I made 6 pillows!!  



5 of My Homemade Pillows... One is Upstairs and I was Too Lazy to Get it
Quentin Loves My Pillow!



Can you tell they are a little deflated?  I didn't realize that I under-stuffed until I sewed them up... woopsy!  I'm just going to pretend skinny pillows are in style.  :)  Hopefully my next round will be a little more plump.  I am looking to have TONS of pillows-- a WHOLE room of them so I can change up my home's look whenever I please! 




Carolyn

No comments:

Post a Comment