Tweaking, Fluffing, and Trying to Make Things Fabulous

Sunday, August 29, 2010

success!

Since I already failed at blogging every single day, I figued I was allotted another skip after my incredibly long day yesterday.  You must be curious...how did the yard sale go, you ask?  Well, let me tell you it was I-N-S-A-N-E!!  It is pretty clear that I live amongst yard sale fantatics. I can not longer pretend that I am a hard core yard saler... before this weekend I had no clue what that term meant:)

Here's the rundown... Friday night me and my friends went to bed around 12-ish.  I awoke to a text message at 6:25 AM from Ash asking if I was awake and ready.  Awake?  Well, now I am.  Ready?  Not so much.  So.. after a quick shower I came downstairs around 7.. we officially had 1 hour before the yard sale would begin- or so we thought. 

My friend Jess, ran out for some coffee, I ran out to finish taping up yard sale signs, and Ash started carrying items outside to set up shop.  I came home 15 minutes later (as did Jess) at 7:20ish and poor Ashley was manning the fort solo trying to set things up and talking to customers. People arrived at 7:15-- what is that about?  They were seriously 45 minutes early and the crowds didnt stop.  Im guessing we were insanely busy from 7:15-9:30... then everyone disapeared.   So we didnt get rid of everything but we definitely got rid of a lot.  Oh.. and we also made some mula! I came in at around $158.00, Jess made $104.00, and Ashley made around $75.00 (or at least thats a close estimate).

So at the end of the day it was definitely worth it.  We had a great time hanging out and making some money.  PLUS we had visitors!  My mom and sister came over to hang out with us and our friend Bev came over with her newest sweet little girl (who is named after me!!  Well.. not really but her middle name was named after my middle name--it counts right?)  One of my team members also gets major brownie points for stopping bye.. Hi RYAN!! Brownnoser, right? :)

So after a long day of selling I had my in-laws over for a DELISH dinner to celebrate the hubs 30th birthday!   I am Ti-Red to say the least!

Just did some amazing shopping at Giant and am making a pot of potato corn chowder..YUM!  Now you are all caught up!

Have a great Sunday!

Carolyn

5 comments:

  1. Nice! I am so glad you guys made some money and had fun! Crazy how early yard-salers arrive. I want pics sista!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, right! They were all insane! It was so crazy we didn't even get any pictures:(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh fun, sounds like you all had a blast!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do I still get major brownie points?!?! Or did I loose them? It's not my fault I can't spell tszujjing! LOL

    *Ryan*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Still brownie points! Once they are earned it takes a lot to lose them:)

    ReplyDelete