Tweaking, Fluffing, and Trying to Make Things Fabulous

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Guess what got a mini makeover?


Give up already?  That would be my crappy hunkofjunk coffee table!


You all remember the before.  Yup, UGLY!




 With a little help from my new mouse I was able to sand away all the cheap laminate

This was a BEAST of a job!  Phew!  My arms felt really weird after vibrating for a good hour and a half. 

Shiny new coat of paint!  The little dot on the bottom left corner would be a tiny little bug that lost its life in my black paint--he never saw it coming.  I tried so hard to save the poor guy but he didn't make it.  It almost put a damper on my painting party...almost.   

Here we are, looking good as new in the family room!

OK- so I know what some of you are thinking... why didn't you paint the legs black?  Do you want the answer that makes me feel better about myself or the honest answer?  


Lets go with the answer that makes me feel better about myself--- I like the black and brown combo...really, I do.  The realistic answer is I didn't want to sand anymore!  Seriously it was draining and I gave up.  But I really do like the mix of black and brown.  


The only downfall to this job is that the top is not uber smooth like it used to be.. its a little rough and "chunky-ish" if that makes sense to anyone.  Can someone PLEASE tell me crunchy and rough furniture is cool right now?!?  Anyone?  


Happy Wednesday!


Carolyn 

5 comments:

  1. Great job on the makeover of the table! It looks brand new and expensive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great, especially since the chair is black and brown too! =) Love it. (Also love the image of you power sanding that thing in my head. LOL!) Overall, I'm impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carolyn, you are so cool! :) Chrissy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! Where is the table from...it's great!

    And black and brown are always a chic combo if you ask me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Michelle- thanks! I can promise it was not expensive:)

    Amanda- I acted like a "tough chick" for about an hour and a half... it's just not me!

    Chrissy- I know I am. Haha!

    Joi- We got the table from Ashley furniture. We LOVED the size and structure of it but, the laminate didn't even make it a year before it was chipping really bad. I am hoping this paint stays put!

    ReplyDelete