Tweaking, Fluffing, and Trying to Make Things Fabulous

Monday, September 27, 2010

pretty-ing up some thrift store candles

PHEW!  What a insanely busy weekend!  I worked on a TON of projects around the house so I have LOTS of exciting projects to share... some that are pretty exciting and some that are just plain silly. 


Remember the candles I bought at Goodwill Friday night for a total of $3.00? I didn't love the color or the design, but luckily, it didn't matter!  I had other plans for these tubs of wax! I had these two really large candle pillars that I needed candles for... I decided to cover them in fabric to match my current fireplace mantel.  Oh!  One more thing...luckily the scent didn't matter since I wasn't planning on burning them.
$3.00!  These would have cost $8.00-$10.00 a piece regular price
Supplies ready!  All it took was my candles, fabric I already had, scissors, and glue scratch that-- I ended up using tape!
I cut two strips of fabric the same thickness of the candle
Ready to roll!
Rolling my candle.  Once I made it all the way around I taped the fabric together
Then I taped the fabric to the bottom of the candle... neatness does not count! 
All wrapped!  They look a little messy..but you will see- it really doesn't matter. 
All prettied up! Luckily the mantel is so high that you cant see the
top of the candles are different colors
The Finished product
What do you think?  Was it worth it for $3.00 and about 5 minutes of my time?  I think so!  I am a little annoyed that I did not plan this out better and go for a Fall color scheme (not that tan isn't Fall-ish but it really looks like sand right now and matches my summer mantel).  I am planning a Fall mantel soon so you never know... the color may just change:)

No comments:

Post a Comment