Tweaking, Fluffing, and Trying to Make Things Fabulous

Monday, September 20, 2010

time to get serious

I decided to mirror some of my favorite bloggers and post some upcoming goals for the month.  Since September is just about kaput I decided these are my goals for September and October.   Maybe if I write them down I will accomplish them... we will see:)


September and October Goals:


1.  Find a table to go between my living room chairs. I'm thinking I could find the perfect glass and metal tiered table from a thrift store. The search is on!


2.  Fall-up my front stoop!  Add some mums and I am deciding between the ribbon pumpkins or the house number pumpkins. If I go with the ribbon pumpkins I would go with large pumpkins and if I go with house numbers I have 5 to carve.  What do you think? 




3.  Attempt to save my coffee table.  This is the story... we bought a coffee table exactly 14 months ago and it is the cheapest hunk of junk I have ever owned.  Unfortunately the store has a NO return policy (note to self.. run the opposite direction when a store doesn't back their products) so we are stuck with it.  About 3 months after getting the table we started noticing that the cheap veneer top coat was chipping off.  Now this is what we have...


We have tried purchasing the wood markers but this isn't wood-- it's fake veneer so I am going to get crafty and try to sand and paint and if that doesn't work I may attempt to decoupage fabric on the top of it like Nicole at Parlour did (see pic below!! P.S. I would link to her site but my link feature is not working.  You can find her on my favorite blogs list!). It's already ruined so I am OK with experimenting.  Let me know if you have any other neat ideas for me to try.

What I am currently dealing with:)




Example of decoupaging from Parlour! 































4. Maintain weight loss.  This is in no way a "diet blog" but I have lost about 45-50 pounds and I have every intention of keeping it off.  Maintaining my weight in September and October is a pretty big goal.

Here is a before and after picture:)  They are almost exactly 1 year apart.

July 2009 Beach Trip
September 2010 Beach Trip
P.S. I am NOT pregnant.. my pants happen to be
REALLY high and they make me look a little lumpy :(

5.  Make some art!  I love this "letter" art work that was made by some of my favorite bloggers at Young House Love (again, I cant link but you can click on their blog located under my favorite blogs list.  This project is posted under Most Popular Projects under the Projects tab at the top of the page).

This is their finished product!




















This is how they did it!
They found a large letter from a magazine
article and cut out the surrounding
letters/words and blew it up by 300%!
























That's it!  Here's to making some things happen in September and October!  What are YOUR goals??

Carolyn 

2 comments:

  1. I vote for the house number pumpkins + decoupage fabric for the coffee table.
    It is crazy to see those pics- you are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the vote! I am kindof swaying towards the house numbers as well... I can always put some ribbon pumpkins in my house! Thanks for posting and for calling me amazing.. you are welcome to post everyday! HA!

    ReplyDelete