Tweaking, Fluffing, and Trying to Make Things Fabulous

Thursday, September 2, 2010

favorite frugal finds

 Wanna know the best feeling ever?  Lets paint you a picture... You are out shopping, minding your own business, and you stumble upon the most amazing item ever.  For some it could be fantastic shoes, or a great top, for others it could be the most amazing lamp or pillows you have ever seen (for me its always about the home decor... dressing myself is not my strong point).  You fall instantly in love and start searching frantically for the price tag hoping and praying that it is within range.  You find the price tag and immediately notice the orangeish-red sticker on it (can you tell I shop at Target a lot?)...and you realize that you have hit the jackpot... your most favorite-have-to-have item is on CLEARANCE!    That my friends, is what I call happiness.

Here are some of my favorite finds that I have collected on DEEP clearance over the past few years.  Some of these things may look familiar from other posts!

The lamps that started my LOVE of navy blue.  These beauties were on sale for $13.00 at one Target and $11.00 at the other.  I found one and HAD to drive to find another.  I. Love. Them. 


    


My old man chair.  Isn't he handsome? He was only $2.50...just like the matching chairs that I re-did! 









   




My Craigslist Coffee table- kind of girly huh? 






This was a GREAT find if I do say so myself.  I got this large kitchen table from the Crate and Barrel Outlet store for $100.00.  In know what you are thinking...$100.00 isn't that cheap and you are right.  BUT for a solid wood table that will live with me as a kitchen table or craft table for the kids I don't have, it's well worth the relatively small cost. P.S. Here we go again with the yellowish pictures. Humph!




I love this cute little silver tray table.  He was left all by himself on a shelf at target and I couldn't leave him.  Plus for $14.00 on clearance he was a steal!


  

I feel the need to exclaim my love for Homegoods!  I fall in love with a mirror every time I walk into that store.  This mirror was $40.00--  and it is HUGE (and beyond cheap in comparison to others).  



Of course I have a million other random chochski's in the house that were bargains... but my camera just died so  I must leave you in suspense for another day.  Anyone find any BIG bargains lately?


Carolyn



3 comments:

  1. Just found 2 drum shades!! Yay, only $10.00 a piece!!! They look great with my refinished bases!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I looove those lamps and I have that same mirror! It cost near $300 @ Ballard!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE a good drum shade.. I want one for my dining room but Dan likes the one that came with the house... I'm going to need to work on him!

    Joi- How funny-- I LOVE it-- it is a beautiful mirror and probably worth every penny. P.S. I am working on collecting plates for a plate wall-- I fell hard for yours!

    ReplyDelete