Tweaking, Fluffing, and Trying to Make Things Fabulous

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

i want!

Im in love. with a rug.  maybe two of them.  They are kindof expensive so the likelyhood that they will be mine is really slim to none. Regardless, a girl can dream right?

Take a look at this bad boy... I LOVE it... kindof a mix between beachy and modern-ish.  But for $890.00 its a no-go.


I also love this room that was designed by the HGTV Next Design Star winner, Emily Henderson.  Do you see the fantastic black and white striped rug peeking out?  I'm in LOVE! This one could potentially happen if I bought these FLOR carpet tiles and finegled them in a different pattern.


I feel like my kitchen table is in need of a striped rug...or maybe my family room.  Is it weird to have a area rug over a carpet?  I'm kindof on the fense with that one.. what do you think?  Is it a big"no-no" like wearing white after labor day (which p.s. I do not think is a rule anymore.. I say wear whatever color you want whenever you want:)) OR completely appropriate since there are no rules when it comes to design anymore?

Decisions decisions.

Carolyn 

2 comments:

  1. You have proved you can do whatever you want! PS, I love BowerPower, just discovered them through YHL a few days ago!!

    What about this gem over at Target??
    http://www.target.com/DwellStudio-Target-Garden-Pattern-Rug/dp/B001J4CPFY/ref=br_1_14?ie=UTF8&id=DwellStudio%20Target%20Garden%20Pattern%20Rug&node=2086071011&searchSize=30&searchView=list&searchPage=1&sr=1-14&qid=1283391301&rh=&searchBinNameList=subjectbin%2Cprice%2Ctarget_com_primary_color-bin%2Ctarget_com_size-bin%2Ctarget_com_brand-bin&searchRank=salesrank&frombrowse=1

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cant believe I never told you about Bower Power! Love them! I like that rug... BUT I MUST have stripes! Not really sure why...

    ReplyDelete