Tweaking, Fluffing, and Trying to Make Things Fabulous

Sunday, October 24, 2010

come and knock on our door...

Was that a cop out?  Did you expect more from me?  Sure I am a clever girl but the obvious blog title won out this time.  I mean...this post is about our front door... it really was the clear choice, you cant blame me, really you cant!  Here were the other contenders..i.e. the runners up that didn't quite make it to the prestige of my blog title... "black beauty" (eh?) or what about "the shining"--see its funny cause my new front door is really shiny... ok...moving on...

Ahh... well, the nod to three's company won out and I am going to finally get to the point:)  I painted our front door! I was not loving the maroon door that we currently had and was pining for a shiny black door to match our shutters.  Here is a old pic...


Nothing that a can of glossy black door paint cant fix!  Here we are after two hours of sanding and painting...



Isn't she pretty?!?!?!  She is just so shiny and glossy and pretty!  What a difference a can of paint can make!


Carolyn

5 comments:

  1. Looks like a completely different house. Wow! Awesome change.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I think the house looks a little more grown-up now :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I knew I wasn't nuts. I drove by and said to my hubby that you must have painted your door, he thought I was nuts. Ha ha. Looks good. And I love the festive mums and pumpkins.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Cherlyn! Its a bit shinny.. I should have used matte black or semi-gloss, but kindof failed on that one. Dan is begining me to sand it and repaint matte...but im not so sure yet:)

    ReplyDelete