Tweaking, Fluffing, and Trying to Make Things Fabulous

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

For the love of fabric

What is it with me, fabric, and frames? Obviously I love the combo and think it makes the BEST and cheapest art ever but does that give me the right to frame and hang fabric all over the place?  Well... it's my house so I guess it does:) You all remember my living room frames, right?  You know, the set of three that looks like this...


Well look what I found at target a few weeks ago...

That's right... clearance frames with LOTS of possibility!  At $3.74 they were a steal!  I ended up buying them out...and took 5 of these beauties home with me!  


A little proof in case you thought I was yankin' your chain
So, when I was leaving Target I thought to myself, hmm.. I wonder if T.J. Maxx has any cool pictures that I could frame?  So off I went.  Instead of cool pictures I found two sets of tea towels that caught my eye right away and BTW they were also on clearance (except I have no proof for you!  I believe they were $6.00 for each set..no lie).  I didn't get a picture before I cut them up but here is a jumbled mess of the fabric

I decided it was a match made in heaven and began the matting process (um... so basically I cut the fabric and taped it to the mat...very technical stuff).  This is what I got!



I'm in love all over again!  P.S. my camera is not the best... the frames are more the color in the first picture... not as gold as the second picture.   

How bout' that for some thrifty shopping!  OH!  Sorry-- I know you are dying to know what happened to the other tea towels and frames... well they were put together and birthday gifted to one of my friends (who, if a loyal reader- which I am sure she is, cause lets be real, who isn't, now knows that her gift was the result of some thrifty shopping:))

Now I just need to figure out where these pretty little things are going... 

Carolyn 

2 comments:

  1. My birthday was yesterday.... I hope those are coming my way! Are you just checking up on me to see if I am reading you blog :)

    ReplyDelete