Tweaking, Fluffing, and Trying to Make Things Fabulous

Thursday, October 14, 2010

spookin' it up

Well its about time that I paid attention to the fact that it is mid October and I have yet to shed some festive-ness in my home.  Times they are a-changin!


I decided that my mantel looked WAY to summer-y so that was the first to get a little makeover.


As a reminder...here is the before... all tan-ish and sea-shell filled




And here is my slightly "dark" and very thrifty after...  In fact I didn't spend a penny, just used what I already had.
P.S. The ant lookin' things are actually spiders... I got them on clearance after Halloween last year
and the "BEWARE" blocks were $2.00 at T.J. Maxx after Halloween last year.  Whoop whoop!!!


These are my thrift store find candles covered in some left over fabric!
The front porch is the next to get "fall-ed" up!  I realize I should have done a fall theme for my mantel instead of a spooky theme since this one will have to change come November and the fall decor lasts through November...but I did it anyways--I guess I'm kind-of crazy like that ;-)


P.S. Happy Birthday BEVERLY :-)  30 is the new 20...at least that's what I'm telling myself :) 


Carolyn

3 comments:

  1. Love the idea of changing your mantel decor based on the season. Thanks for the birthday shout out. Love you and your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Just wanted to show you that I am a follower! Love, Chrissy

    ReplyDelete