Tweaking, Fluffing, and Trying to Make Things Fabulous

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

womp womp & some friend's painting projects

Don't you just LOVE when you get inspired to make a BIG change?!?  Well, I certainly do and two of my friends recently got inspired to change up a piece in their home. Dare I say that this little blog of mine is.. gasp.... inspirational?!?!?  Haha... of course I'm kidding. 

I try to persuade Dan on a daily basis that my decorating choices are legit, but he rarely believes me, so imagine how excited I was to tell Dan that I had inspired my friends to do a little painting (their words not mine).  Here is a recap of the conversation...

Me: So did you know that I inspire people?
Dan: Huh?
Me: Yup-- Jess AND Ash both said that I inspired them this week
Dan: Inspired them to what?
Me:  Decorate, duh (yes.. I am 30 and I said "duh")
Dan: Well, if you call painting everything in our house white then sure, your REALLY inspirational.  
Me: Your a jerk
Dan: Kidding... what did they do
Me: Painted some furniture white....  

Enter Dan's laughter and my womp womp sound.  So I am not inspirational BUT my friends certainly did do some major painting last week.  Check out there projects.

This is my friend Ash's (Hi ASH!!) corner hutch.  She decided she wanted to move away from the traditional oak look and move towards something a little more crisp looking.  Check out her beautiful after picture below (P.S. These are camera phone pics so I apologize for the not so fantastic quality). OH!  And also take a little peek into her kitchen-- so jealous of those white cabinets!



And, this table was primed and painted by my friend Jess (Hi Jess!!!) (the original color was similar to Ashley's before picture above).  I am really not sure when Jess found time for this project-- she is a mommy of THREE boys under the age of 2 (two are twins) and still found time for a little painting- phew.. makes me tired just thinking about it!



Don't you just love what a little bit of paint can do? I'm inspired... heading off to see if I can find something to paint!   Thanks for sharing Ash and Jess! 

Carolyn 

1 comment: