Tweaking, Fluffing, and Trying to Make Things Fabulous

Saturday, February 5, 2011

WWYD? kitchen edition

I'm so stinkin' excited I could burst!!!  So you know how I recently lived through painting my kitchen island without technically getting Dan's approval right?  Well-- I have finally wore him down and he said the other day that I can do whatever I want to the kitchen-- VICTORY!!!!muahahahaha (evil laugh)! 

SO-- time to seriously plan so once it gets a little warmer out I am ready to go.  Here's the deal... I have decided that with the white cabinets I definitely want to get a few clear glass doors so that my kitchen looks light and bright.  The question of the hour is... which cabinets and how many should go glass?  Here is a look at my kitchen from the family room or garage entry and then another one that shows the other side.  The only thing that is missing is the large double cabinets over the build in kitchen desk which is next to the fridge.


My initial thought was to go clear on the 4 doors to the right of the microwave and the two doors above the kitchen desk (the two you cant really see right now, but I bet you could imagine what they look like based on all the other cabinets).  Keep in mind that whichever doors go clear would be filled with pretty dishes, glasses, serving pieces, etc. 

In order to get some prices for the doors I need to know which ones and what size.  What do you all think??  Opinions please:)

Carolyn

6 comments:

  1. Sounds good! Since you keep all your pretty glasses above the desk area I would do some there, unless you think you might store desk things there in the future, then I would relocate the glasses. I guess you need to consider what you want to "show off" in the cabinets. Here is a pic where the cabinets over the stove are not in glass but the ones to the right by the sink are...
    http://tinyurl.com/4hctwax
    Good luck:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds awesome!
    I think it might look cute to have that lone cabinet glass- the one to the right of the sink.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOW DID I NOT KNOW YOU HAD A BLOG!!!!!!! YOUR HOME IS AMAZING!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My brother & sil's kitchen is a very similar layout to yours (I love your white Island - good choice and glad you wore the hubs down!!!). Anyway, based on their kitchen, I'd say either the cabinets to the right of the sink, or like you thought, the ones to the right of the stove. Also, do you store a lot of stuff above your desk? I love the idea of glass doors but know nothing above my desk would ever be in a good enough order for glass doors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww!! Katie!!!!! So good to hear from you! I stock your blog ALL THE TIME!!!! Your family is beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Emily-- thanks for the feedback! The cabinets above the desk are full of glasses--so pretty organized. Thanks for sharing your ideas.. this is a HARD decision!

    ReplyDelete