Tweaking, Fluffing, and Trying to Make Things Fabulous

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Goal Update!

First of all-- HAPPY HALLOWEEN everyone!

K..now that the formalities are out of the way lets get to business.  Time to figure out if I was successful in meeting my September/October goals or if I fell flat on my face and failed miserably.  Lets take a look shall we?

Here were the goals that I set on September 20th... i.e. 6 weeks ago. 

1. Find a table to go between these living room chairs... 


2. Fall up my front stoop

3. Revive my coffee table that looked like this...


4.  Maintain my weight loss

5.  Make some art- a la Young House Love.



Here is the low down on how I did...

1.  GOAL: Find a table to go between my living room chairs. How did I do?  Well I will tell you... I FAILED miserably.  Lets be real though people, if the thrift store doesn't have anything then I am out of luck.  Still on the search.

2.  GOAL:  Fall up my front stoop.  Well you all know that I was successful here!  Look at my pretty after:  


3.  GOAL:  Revive my coffee table.  MAJOR success!  Take a look at the before pic above and at the after below...  I am a smitten kitten. 


4.  GOAL: Maintain weight loss.  Not sure after this Halloween weekend but as of a few days ago I had maintained!

5.  GOAL: Make some art like Young House Love did.  Massive Fail.  I promise it wasn't based on my effort... I tried to follow the directions but I could never get the cute little cut out "T" large enough to fill more than a 3x5 frame.  For some reason me and directions do not mix at all! 


So basically out of 5 goals I was successful in 3 of them and I failed miserably at two of them..
BUT to look at the much brighter side here are ALL the other things I accomplished during those 6 weeks...

1.  Updated a dresser


2.  Made a new little jewelry holder from a $2.00 thrift store find

3.  Painted my front door!

4.  Updated my Mantel for Halloween

5.  Made some art


Hope you all had a BUSY and productive month!

Carolyn

No comments:

Post a Comment