Tweaking, Fluffing, and Trying to Make Things Fabulous

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Pillows a-la IKEA!

So... judge all you want but this girl is a big fan of IKEA!  I ran over there this past Sunday and was pretty excited about my uber cheap purchases.  Wanna see?  Bet you do.... 

So before hitting up the "Last Chance" corner which is full of their sale and clearance stuff I ran through the store real quick and found these great black and white "frankenstein-ish" pillows.  So the pillows have nothing to do with Frankenstein but the design on it reminds me of the big knob things that come out of his neck.  Anyways... back to the point.  I decided that even though I am quite the sewer and can make my own pillows that I liked these enough to pick up two.  At $12.95/piece they were fairly inexpensive.  THEN... I made my way to the sale corner- MY FAVE!  Low and behold what did I find there?  Two black and white pillow shells (i.e. the outside of the pillow with no stuffing in them) they were- get this- only $2.99 a piece.  I couldn't find anything wrong with them so in my cart they went!  I also found  a really thick piece of white fabric for $1.00 so I picked that up to and stitched up a new pillow when I got home.  Here are my newbies...

Pillow cover stuffed with some batting
Pillow cover, Frankenstein pillow, green pillows I made a while back, new white
pillow, and another Frankenstein pillow :) 

Love me some good cheap finds!

Carolyn 

1 comment:

  1. Um..the nobby neck thing was hysterical. Love the pillows!

    ReplyDelete