Tweaking, Fluffing, and Trying to Make Things Fabulous

Friday, February 11, 2011

on the up and up

I'm not sure about you all but I am NOT a fan of the winter.  It just stinks. Its cold, I eat a lot of food and feel hefty, I never see the sunshine, I get ghostly pale-- its just not a good look, you know what I mean?  When I started this blog on August 18th I was all suntanned and bursting with some sunshiny happiness-- hence my zest for posting so often.  As the months went on and the days got seemingly shorter and nighttime seemed to come at 5:30 I lost my zest.  I cant pinpoint the exact moment but I feel like November did me in.  Another thing that made it hard is that I often felt like I was endlessly talking to myself-- you feel crazy and a little bit silly, no joke!  I have since decided that crazy and silly are good things and even if I talk to myself sometimes that's OK-- I kind of like me so it works out OK in the end. 

So.. I just wanted to say that since my favorite groundhog predicted a early spring I have felt like tszujjing some things up.  I know I have stunk at posting in the past few months but I am in it to win it people:-) 


In light of my new found excitement I decided to share some stats on this little blog of mine. Ready?  Here we go...


Pageviews by Month (in parenthesis is the number of posts I made each month)
(Keep in mind that even though I asked the stat thingy not to count my posts I think it has been... so half of these are probably me:))


August- 163 (13 posts published)
September- 512 (19 posts published)
October- 978 (20 posts published)
November- 566 (10 posts published)
December- 368 (4 posts published)
January- 312 (5 posts published)

Wow-- so sorry about November, December, and January-- eeash.  I guess this proves the point that the more you post the more readers you will have.  You are a trooper if you stuck with me through December and January- just saying.

Most Popular Posts

1. Passing on my love for folding fabric (really?  This is the most popular?  funny, huh?!?)
2. The Proposal (Aww.. thanks guys.. I love my proposal story too!)
3. Makin it happen (planning for my white kitchen!)
4. A tale of two chairs (wouldn't you know I still don't know what to do with these?)
5. White and Bright (eak!  I LOVE this one too!!  Cant wait to see the end result)

Finally- Pageviews by Country
P.S. Just in case I accidentally said something inappropriate, sorry! I pulled some of the words below from the intranet so you never know what your gonna get!

United States- 2,983 (well thank you to my lovely Americans:))
Netherlands- 31 (THANKS to my lovely friend JESS!!!)
Canada- 29-- Oy Vey! Not sure who this is but thanks for reading! 
Russia- 12 (Zdravstvuj to you!!)
UK- 8 (ello!)
South Korea- 3 (AN-YONG-HASEYO to you)
Slovenia- 3 (Zdravo my slovenia frind)
France- 2 (Bonjour and Salut tout le monde!)
Germany-1 (Hallo, Wie geht's?)

So there you have it!  Random bits of information that serves no real purpose-- do what you will with it.  Here are some tidbits I'm going to take from this post... 1. I am going to be a better blogger- pinkie swear.  2. I should fold more fabric cause, well, you all seem to like it. 3. I should learn another language, cause I may have cursed someone out unintentionally up there. 

Hope its a GREAT Friday for you all!

Carolyn

2 comments:

  1. That's so funny that you posted this today. I just so happened to read a post on a different blog about being less productive in the winter: http://www.steadymom.com/2011/02/dont-even-try-to-be-productive.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well its nice to know I am not the only one! I think the 50 degree weather that we have coming this weekend was enough to snap me out of it!

    ReplyDelete